Upon successful completion of the program, the school will arrange for you to take the State Board exam on our premises. Upon passing the state board exam, you will become a Certified Nursing Assistant. For you information, Nursing Assistant's are sometimes called Nurse Aid or Orderly. A Nursing Assistant with EKG and Phlebotomy skills is usually known as Nurse Technician. Patient Care Assistant or Patient Care Associate.
Here are some of the skills you will be learning as a Nursing Assistant.
- Importance of communication
- Infection control, universal precaution and hand washing
- Total hygiene necessary for the health and comfort of the
- Stages of sexual growth and development
- Diets and feeding techniques
- Elimination techniques
- Using good body mechanics for lifting moving and transporting
- Assisting with admissions, discharge, transfers and physical
- Relationship between vital signs and body systems
- Psychological changes in the aging patient
- Guaranteed internship in an allied health care facility